Goods worth Rs 60 lakh charred in showroom

GREATER NOIDA: A massive fire broke out in a of a shopping complex on Surajpur-Dadri road around 1.30am on Wednesday. A loss of nearly Rs 60 is reported by the owner of the showroom Saurav Mega Mart.
The fire started after a short circuit in the main switch on the ground floor that spread to the first floor and ended up destroying all the in the showroom. As soon as I saw the flames, I informed the fire service and the owner of the showroom. In nearly 20 minutes, a few fire tenders reached the shopping complex,” said the security guard at the complex.

Gyan Prakash Sharma, fire safety officer in the district told TOI that four fire-tenders were rushed from , Dadri and Ecotech fire stations that took control over the blaze in about two hours. “The fire had charred up almost 60% of the showroom by the time fire-tenders reached the spot.

Download The Times of India for Latest .

- Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with our FREE daily email newsletter.